Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Virginia Support Group - STOP POTS Virginia!

Due to the complete lack of local resources, I have started a group called STOP POTS Virginia.  If you are dealing with dysautonomia and or POTS in VA, or elsewhere, please connect with us!

My goal is to provide tools for patients when dealing with doctors and medical professionals who do not know about POTS and Dysautonomia. Find tips, resources, and ideas for keeping your sanity and getting the treatment you deserve.



On Facebook: STOP POTS VA page


See all the pots? Get it? 

I have big plans for launching an awareness campaign aimed at doctors, schools, and the general public (through media and literature) so others do not have to go through what I have.  I have had POTS for almost a decade, and am just now starting to find doctors willing to hep me find out why. Not acceptable!  There are too many of us out there looking for answers, being misdiagnosed, and treated like we are nuts - all because of ignorant (but sometimes well meaning) individuals. 

If enough people connect, may start a closed Facebook group for VA folks, let me know if you are interested.  Hope to hear from you! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment